[Lustre-discuss] Disabling RDMA on an IB interface

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Wed Feb 23 14:19:07 PST 2011

On 2011-02-23, at 8:44 AM, Alvaro Aguilera wrote:
> I want to do some tests injecting artificial latency to LNET using netem over an InfiniBand network. This doesn't work out of the box, since LNET's RDMA transfers aren't affected by the kernel latency. Does anyway know if there is a way to disable LNET's RDMA support and force its packets through the kernel? Other ideas are also welcomed.

Depending on what you are trying to measure, you may want to contact some of the folks at NRL, who have done a bunch of IB WAN latency testing.  They inject latency into the network using special hardware, so that probably won't help you, but maybe they already measured what you are looking at :-).

Principal Engineer
Whamcloud, Inc.