[Lustre-discuss] clients gets EINTR from time to time

Francois Chassaing fch at weborama.com
Thu Feb 24 02:50:38 PST 2011

Dear list members,

We are using Lustre 1.8.5 (upgraded from 1.8.4) running on 1 MGS, 3 OSS over DDR IB, and 2 patched clients mounted with the flock option.
We are experiencing issues with an application that gets a EINTR when trying to write to a file.
Those errors happens "randomly" on both clients, which makes it difficult to clearly spot the problem. So my app treats the error as if the file was full (which is the case when dealing with a "normal" disk) when it is not.
I've tryed to change the IB switch, so it is most probably not coming from here (while it is a "cheap" switch). I've also tried to change the client mount options, changed the stripping policy from -1 to 1, but it did not change anything neither.
And no log of any kind is helpful on MDS or OSSs.
I would really appreciate pointers or suggestions to debug this issue.

Thanks

François CHASSAING
Directeur Technique - CTO
WEBORAMA