[Lustre-discuss] 1.8.2 MDS nlink bug

Mark Nelson mark at msi.umn.edu
Tue Jan 4 06:51:57 PST 2011

Hi Rick,

Yeah, it definitely seems like that's what we are hitting based on the
information provided in the bug report.

In the short term we are working with our vendor to deploy a patched
1.8.2 to the MDS.  Later we'll migrate to 1.8.5 after we can do a bit
more testing.  We'd like to avoid a forced migration if possible.
Unfortunately our MDS just went down again.  I imagine that one of our
users must have repeated whatever set of operations that brought it down
the first time.

Thanks,
Mark