[Lustre-discuss] split OSTs from single OSS in 2 networks

Haisong Cai cai at sdsc.edu
Tue Jan 18 23:05:26 PST 2011

I have a storage server that has two QPI contolllers,
each controller contols half of the I/O slots. In the first half is
a raid controller and 10GbE card, in the second half is a raid controller
and a 10GbE card.

4 raid arrays for 4 OSTs of single Lustre filesystem.

2 10GbE, each configured with their own IP and switches,
IPSUBNET1 and IPSUBNET2.

I want to register OSTs on this OSS with different addresses.
That is, OST1 & OST2 in IPSUBNET1, OST3 & OST4 in IPSUBNET2,
and using "policy-based" routing directing traffic.

The idea is to not do the bonding and get as much of bandwidth
out of 10GbE NICs as possible.

Is it possible?

--
thanks,