[Lustre-discuss] llverfs outcome

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Thu Jan 27 03:56:26 PST 2011

Hi all,

I have run llverfs (lustre-utils 1.8.4) on an OST partition as "llverfs
-w -v /srv/OST0002".
That went smoothly until all 9759209724 kB were written, terminating with:

write File name: /srv/OST0002/dir00072/file022
write complete

llverfs: writing /srv/OST0002/llverfs.filecount failed :No space left on
device

My question: What should be the result of llverfs? I haven't found any
documentation on this tool, so I can just suspect that this was a
successful run?

(llverdev terminates with 'write complete' also, no errors indicated -
good?)

Regards,
Thomas