[Lustre-discuss] RAID cards - what works well with Lustre?

Daire Byrne daire.byrne at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 10:49:43 PDT 2011

Lior,

I am curious how you have the 16+2 drives connected to the LSI-9265. It has
eight internal ports so I'm guessing you are using some sort of SAS fan out
expander? We are thinking of using 3TB drives in a 36 bay enclosure/server
so 3 x RAID cards (8+2 RAID6 + 1 spare) seemed like a good fit. It also
means the resulting volumes are pretty much bang on the 24TB that Lustre
v1.8.6 now supports.

Daire