[Lustre-discuss] I need to help about something..urgently!!!

William Hay w.hay at ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jul 20 01:08:15 PDT 2011

On 19 July 2011 21:36, Mert CAN UYSAL <mertcanuysal at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I need to help about something. I am  using  Lustre file system on Linux
> Centos,
> I want to take a backup of the systems in media with HP MSL library 8090 (
> Lustre File System)
>
> but  I dont know which software I need  to use
>
> I need  your advice
>

> Sample Softwares
>
> IBM TSM
> Symantec Backup EXEC
> CA ARCserve
> HP Data Protector  (  HP Data protector does not supportted lustre file
> system )
> Amanda Open Source
We used TSM on our lustre filesystem for a while and it worked well
backups took about 3 days (the filesystem was 167TB but we weren't
trying to back it all up).  Prior to that we were trying to use BRU.
The runs took weeks, frequently failed and we had performance issues.
We suspect that BRU, being originally MAC  software, was attempting to
backup extended attributes (which we didn't really need) and
overstressing the MDS.

William