[Lustre-discuss] Mount 2 clusters, different networks - LNET tcp1-tcp2-o2ib

Michael Shuey shuey at purdue.edu
Tue Jun 14 11:04:31 PDT 2011

That may be because your gateway doesn't have an interface on tcp (aka
tcp0).  I suspect you want to keep your ethernet clients in tcp0, your
IB clients in o2ib0, and your router in both.  Personally, I find it
easiest to just give different module options on each system (rather
than try ip2nets stuff).

On the ether clients, I'd try:

options lnet networks=tcp0(eth0) routes="o2ib0
LNET-router-eth_IP at tcp0" dead_router_check_interval=300

On IB clients:

options lnet networks=o2ib0(ib0) routes="tcp0 LNET-router-IB_IP at ib0"
dead_router_check_interval=300

then on the router:

options lnet networks=tcp0(eth0),o2ib0(ib0) forwarding=enabled accept_timeout=15

Obviously, your file servers will need to have lnet options similar to
the clients:

options lnet networks=tcp0(eth0) routes="o2ib0
LNET-router-eth_IP at tcp0" dead_router_check_interval=300
options lnet networks=o2ib0(ib0) routes="tcp0 LNET-router-IB_IP at o2ib0"
dead_router_check_interval=300

That's just a guess, your mileage may vary, etc., but I think it's
close to what you want.  Note that you really want the
dead_router_check_interval if you're using lnet routers.  Without that
parameter, the lustre client will automatically mark a router as
failed when it's unavailable but will not check to see if it ever
comes back.  With this param, it checks every 300 seconds (and
re-enables it if found).

Hope this helps.

--
Mike Shuey