[Lustre-discuss] Mount 2 clusters, different networks - LNET tcp1-tcp2-o2ib

Thomas Roth t.roth at gsi.de
Tue Jun 14 11:26:35 PDT 2011

Thanks, Michael.
I'll certainly put in the check_interval, that will be needed.

However, what I tried was to have an ethernet client that mounts one FS via the LNET router
(Infiniband-FS behind it) and simultaneously mounts the other FS, which is on tcp0  - via its default
route. So actually I don't have any IB clients (except for the LNET routers).

Probably I messed up the tcpX-network names.

Cheers,
Thomas

On 06/14/2011 08:04 PM, Michael Shuey wrote:
> That may be because your gateway doesn't have an interface on tcp (aka
> tcp0). I suspect you want to keep your ethernet clients in tcp0, your
> IB clients in o2ib0, and your router in both. Personally, I find it
> easiest to just give different module options on each system (rather
> than try ip2nets stuff).
>
> On the ether clients, I'd try:
>
> options lnet networks=tcp0(eth0) routes="o2ib0
> LNET-router-eth_IP at tcp0" dead_router_check_interval=300
>
> On IB clients:
>
> options lnet networks=o2ib0(ib0) routes="tcp0 LNET-router-IB_IP at ib0"
> dead_router_check_interval=300
>
> then on the router:
>
> options lnet networks=tcp0(eth0),o2ib0(ib0) forwarding=enabled accept_timeout=15
>
> Obviously, your file servers will need to have lnet options similar to
> the clients:
>
> options lnet networks=tcp0(eth0) routes="o2ib0
> LNET-router-eth_IP at tcp0" dead_router_check_interval=300
> options lnet networks=o2ib0(ib0) routes="tcp0 LNET-router-IB_IP at o2ib0"
> dead_router_check_interval=300
>
> That's just a guess, your mileage may vary, etc., but I think it's
> close to what you want. Note that you really want the
> dead_router_check_interval if you're using lnet routers. Without that
> parameter, the lustre client will automatically mark a router as
> failed when it's unavailable but will not check to see if it ever
> comes back. With this param, it checks every 300 seconds (and
> re-enables it if found).
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> --
> Mike Shuey
>

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Thomas Roth <t.roth at gsi.de> wrote:
>  > Hm, the ethernet FS is in tcp0 - MGS says its nids are MGS-IP at tcp.
>  > So not surprising it refuses that connection.
>  > On the other hand,
>  >> options lnet networks=tcp1(eth0),tcp(eth0:0) routes="o2ib
>  >> LNET-Router-IP at tcp1; tcp Default-Gateway-IP at tcp"
>  >
>  > results in
>  >> Can't create route to tcp via Gateway-IP at tcp
>  >
>  > Cheers,
>  > Thomas
>  >
>  >
>  > On 06/14/2011 07:00 PM, Michael Shuey wrote:
>  >>
>  >> Is your ethernet FS in tcp1, or tcp0? Your config bits indicate the
>  >> client is in tcp1 - do the servers agree?
>  >>
>  >> --
>  >> Mike Shuey
>  >>
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 12:23 PM, Thomas Roth <t.roth at gsi.de> wrote:
>  >> > Hi all,
>  >> >
>  >> > I'd like to mount two Lustre filesystems on one client. Issues with
>  >> more than one MGS set aside,
> [...]

Thomas Roth
Department: Informationstechnologie
Location: SB3 1.262
Phone: +49-6159-71 1453  Fax: +49-6159-71 2986

GSI Helmholtzzentrum für Schwerionenforschung GmbH
Planckstraße 1
64291 Darmstadt
www.gsi.de

Gesellschaft mit beschränkter Haftung
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Darmstadt
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Darmstadt, HRB 1528

Geschäftsführung: Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. Horst Stöcker,
Dr. Hartmut Eickhoff

Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Dr. Beatrix Vierkorn-Rudolph
Stellvertreter: Ministerialdirigent Dr. Rolf Bernhardt