[Lustre-discuss] Time needed to enable quota

Roland Laifer roland.laifer at kit.edu
Thu Jun 16 01:15:32 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 01:30:08PM +0100, Guy Coates wrote:
> On 15/06/11 13:14, Frank Heckes wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > we're planning to enable quota on our Lustre file systems running with
> > version 1.8.4. We like to estimate the downtime needed to run
> > quotacheck.
> >

> Hi,
>
> We recently did a quotacheck on a 40M inodes used / 160 TB used
> filesystem. It took ~20 mins. (DDN 9900 backend storage).

Hi,

I can report similar values: With 20M inodes used / 100 TB used
lfs quotacheck on a Lustre 1.8.4 filesystem took ~10 mins.
Backend storage of this filesystem is HP MSA2000.

Regards,
  Roland

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Steinbuch Centre for Computing (SCC)

Roland Laifer
Scientific Computing Services (SCS)

Zirkel 2, Building 20.21, Room 209
76131 Karlsruhe, Germany
Phone: +49 721 608 44861
Fax: +49 721 32550
Email: roland.laifer at kit.edu
Web: http://www.scc.kit.edu

KIT – University of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg and