[Lustre-discuss] What exactly is punch statistic?

Mervini, Joseph A jamervi at sandia.gov
Fri Jun 17 21:28:14 PDT 2011

Hi Cliff - it's been a long time...

It seems to me that file truncation is a bad thing - i.e., file writes are not completed. Is this an invalid assessment?

Thanks,
Joe
==

Joe Mervini
Sandia National Laboratories
Dept 09326
PO Box 5800 MS-0823
Albuquerque NM 87185-0823

On Jun 16, 2011, at 12:52 PM, Cliff White wrote:

It is called when truncating a file - afaik it is showing you the number of truncates, more or less.
cliffw