[Lustre-discuss] IB storage as an OST target

Ben Evans Ben.Evans at terascala.com
Mon Mar 28 08:23:34 PDT 2011

We direct-connected to LSI back-ends, and the only real stumbling blocks
were in the intitial setup phase where we assigned wwns to various hosts
and host groups.  The wwns were a concatenation of the port IDs on both
ends, rather than just on the host end.  So if we moved wires around, we
had to re-assign wwns to the hosts and host groups.

Failover was no problem, MMP worked correctly.

IIRC, we had to specify which devices used SRP and which used IPoIB, but
that's about it.  It's been awhile since we did it, so my memory make be
flaky

-Ben Evans
ben at terascala.com