[Lustre-discuss] Anybody actually using Flash (Fusion IO specifically) for meta data?

Carlson, Timothy S Timothy.Carlson at pnnl.gov
Mon May 16 11:58:52 PDT 2011

Folks,

I know that flash based technology gets talked about from time to time on the list, but I was wondering if anybody has actually implemented FusionIO devices for metadata. The last thread I can find on the mailing list that relates to this topic dates from 3 years ago. The software driving the Fusion cards has come quite a ways since then and I've got good experience using the device as a raw disk. I'm just fishing around to see if anybody has implemented one of these devices in a reasonably sized Lustre config where "reasonably" is left open to interpretation. I'm thinking >500T and a few million files.

Thanks!

Tim