[Lustre-discuss] Huge numbers of inodes

Ben Evans Ben.Evans at terascala.com
Fri May 20 09:25:51 PDT 2011

I've created 1 billion files (or more) in my MD tests, and one major
thing that you do run into is the OST allocation issue I mentioned in my
presentation at LUG.  You can alleviate this by increasing the number of
OSTs you have in your FS (I wouldn't exceed 32M files per OST), or by
changing the OST object layout.