[Lustre-discuss] Join our BOF at SC 2011: Open source file systems – transitioning from Petascale to Exascale

Shipman, Galen M. gshipman at ornl.gov
Mon Nov 7 06:51:27 PST 2011

Please join us to hear from leading experts on Open source file systems – transitioning from Petascale to Exascale

Tuesday: 12:15PM - 1:15PM

ROOM:TCC 301/302

ABSTRACT:
As the high-performance computing community makes the transition from Petascale to Exascale systems parallel file systems will be required to provide unprecedented levels of performance and capacity. The community developed Exascale roadmap points towards an I/O system capable of supporting 60 Terabytes/sec of aggregate bandwidth and up to an Exabyte of capacity. Dramatic increases in total concurrency, up to one billion in a future Exascale system, will require revolutionary advances in parallel file system software to effectively exploit the underlying I/O system capabilities while supporting this level of concurrency. In this birds of a feather session Open Scalable File Systems and the European Open File Systems Cooperative will organize a panel of experts to discuss the challenges and potential solutions to Exascale I/O.

Our panel includes:

Eric Barton – Whamcloud (Lustre)
Paul Nowoczynski – PSC (ZEST, SLASH2)
Rob Ross – ANL (PVFS-2)