[Lustre-discuss] Java support

Andreas Dilger adilger at whamcloud.com
Sat Nov 12 04:42:47 PST 2011

On 2011-11-12, at 4:40 AM, Thomas Anderson wrote:
> I read document at
> http://wiki.lustre.org/images/1/1b/Hadoop_wp_v0.4.2.pdf and am
> interested in using lustre. However, when accessing to manual from
> http://wiki.lustre.org/manual/LustreManual20_HTML/index.html (from the
> main page through `Learn' section), the link seems to be broken.

The HTML version of the manual disappeared from lustre.org a few weeks
ago, I'm not sure why.  The PDF version still works, but it won't have
any information about what you are looking for.

You can also look at an HTML version of the 2.1 manual from:
http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Documentation

> Is there any example or code snippet that tells how to access to lustre
> file system from java?

You can access a mounted Lustre filesystem from Java just like any other
locally mounted  filesystem.  It is fully POSIX compliant.

I'm not sure what else you might be thinking is necessary.  There is no
special access library needed like PVFS or such.

Principal Engineer
Whamcloud, Inc.