[Lustre-discuss] Brocade 1020 10G card on lustre server?

John Richards john.richards at icecube.wisc.edu
Tue Nov 22 11:35:36 PST 2011

Lustre fans,

I'm hoping I'm missing something obvious.  I have a Brocade 1020 10G card which works well with an unpatched kernel (currently running RHEL5.5, 2.6.18-194.3.1).  However, I'd like to use that card in an OSS, which means a patched kernel.

Has anyone either found a way to use the distributed kernel modules from Brocade (bna) with a lustre patched kernel (2.6.18-238.12.1.el5_lustre.g266a955 for example), or compiled Lustre from source with support for this card (which probably involves compiling a new network stack using code from Brocade that I can't find).

Thanks for suggestions,

John Richards
john.richards at icecube.wisc.edu