[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.1.X client of Lustre 1.8.5?

Ramiro Alba raq at cttc.upc.edu
Mon Oct 10 01:07:47 PDT 2011

Hi all,

I've got a 128 clients IB cluster using Lustre 1.8.5 with SLES11 SP1
both on servers and clients but on a Ubuntu 10.04 distribution.
It works and performs fine, but I've got to add 40 additional clients
having AMD Interlagos processors which force me to upgrade the kernel
version. The options are:

1 - Stay in 1.8.X, using RHEL6.1 on clients with lustre 1.8.6-wc1

This would seem the easiest and keeping compatibility

2 - Use 2.1.X clients with SLES11 or RHEL6.1

Is this possible/advisable?

3 - Upgrade to Lustre 2.1.X both on servers and clients using RHEL6.1

This would seem the hardest to deploy

Which one do you advise me?

Regards

--
Ramiro Alba

Centre Tecnològic de Tranferència de Calor
http://www.cttc.upc.edu

Escola Tècnica Superior d'Enginyeries
Industrial i Aeronàutica de Terrassa
Colom 11, E-08222, Terrassa, Barcelona, Spain
Tel: (+34) 93 739 86 46

--
Aquest missatge ha estat analitzat per MailScanner
a la cerca de virus i d'altres continguts perillosos,