[Lustre-discuss] Anybody have a client running on a 2.6.37 or later kernel?

Carlson, Timothy S Timothy.Carlson at pnnl.gov
Sun Oct 23 15:18:36 PDT 2011

I'm trying that path as well but getting the RHEL 6 kernel going on my machine has proven a bit hard. I got 2.6.37.6 going on the first try but the RHEL 6 kernel is having a problem finding my root partition. This is usually a driver not getting loaded into the initrd. I  build the kernel just  fine, it looks like I have the correct modules to support booting from my IDE (exposed as a SCSI) drive, but I get the dreaded "can't find /" and then an init panic.  It's a pretty basic system, with no LVM or other complications. I'll figure it out eventually, but I've had to use my IPMI console way too much in the past day to boot back into working kernels. :)

Tim