[Lustre-discuss] [Fwd: Re: erroneous ENOSPC -28]

Christian Becker christian.becker at math.tu-dortmund.de
Mon Apr 23 08:57:01 PDT 2012

Kevin Van Maren wrote:
> There is information in that bug; have you looked at the tot_granted
> and compared it to the sum on the cur_grant_bytes?
>
> The workaround, until you upgrade, was to restart the OSTs to reset the grant.
>
> Kevin

Our vendor gave us a workaround for this bug to increase the time in
which the client will shrink the granted space. The default value is 20
minutes, to prevent the grant space from going out of sync again you can
increase this value to a higher one via the following command (on mgs
server for every OST):

lctl conf_param $FSNAME-OST0000.osc.grant_shrink_interval=63072000
(replace FSNAME with the name of your filesystem)

First you have to reboot at least all clients and (better) all servers.
This workaround works well for us.

best regards,
Christian