[Lustre-discuss] problem with installing lustre and ofed

Brian J. Murrell brian.murrell at linux.intel.com
Mon Dec 31 08:32:32 PST 2012

On Fri, 2012-12-28 at 15:54 -0800, Jason Brooks wrote:
> Hello,

Hi,

> I am having trouble installing the server modules for  lustre 2.1.4
> and use mellanox's OFED distribution

Is there a particular need for the Mellanox OFED distribution?  The
Redhat EL 6 kernel comes stock with the inifiniband drivers and stack
already baked in and we leverage that and build our Lustre modules RPM
against it.

So unless there is something particular that you need that is only in
the Mellanox OFED distribution and is not already in EL6's kernels, you
should be able to just use the binary kernel and lustre-modules RPMs
that we supply and have working inifiniband support.

Cheers,
b.