[Lustre-discuss] Thread might be hung, Heavy IO Load messages

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Wed Feb 1 13:11:38 PST 2012

zone_reclaim_mode is 0 on all clients/servers

When changing number of service threads or the lru_size, can these be
done on the fly or do they require a reboot of either client or
server?
For my two OSTs, cat /proc/fs/lustre/ost/OSS/ost_io/threads_started
give about 300(300, 359) so I'm thinking try half of that and see how
it goes?

Also checking lru_size, I get different numbers from the clients. cat
/proc/fs/lustre/ldlm/namespaces/*/lru_size

Client: MDT0 OST0 OST1 OST2 OST3 MGC
head node: 0 22 22 22 22 400 (only a few users logged in)
busy node: 1 501 504 503 505 400 (Fully loaded with jobs)
samba/nfs server: 4 440070 44370 44348 26282 1600

So my understanding is the lru_size is set to auto by default thus the
varying values, but setting it manually is effectively setting a max
value? Also what does it mean to have a lower value(especially in the
case of the samba/nfs server)?

--
David Noriega
System Administrator