[Lustre-discuss] Which client needs to be recovered?

Bastian Tweddell b.tweddell at fz-juelich.de
Thu Feb 9 23:18:57 PST 2012

Dear all,

I have a quick question: We are running lustre 1.8.4. When starting
servers MDTs and OSTs, they sometimes come up in recovery mode.
Looking at recovery_status file in proc/fs/lustre reveals, that the
targets are waiting for 1 or more clients to connect.

Now my question, how do I find out for whom exactly they are waiting?

Finally we have to abort_recovery, because targets would wait endlessly.

Cheers,
--
Bastian Tweddell
Juelich Supercomputing Centre (JSC)    web: http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/