[Lustre-discuss] Debugging Lustre Client

Jack David jd6589 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 22:23:29 PST 2012

Hi All,

I want to print the tracing information on the lustre client. I tried
enabling the debugging information using

sysctl -w lnet.printk=-1

And then I am using

lctl debug_kernel <file_name>

to print the debugging log into a file.

I am mainly interested in the traces of LLITE and OSC. But I managed
to get theses traces only once. If I do "lctl debug_kernel" for next
runs, I am not getting calls made from osc_request.c files or
llite/file.c for any read/write.

I did "lctl clear" before running any read/write command (mainly "cp")
on lustre mount. Am I doing anything wrong?

Also, there are many LDLM message which I want to omit. Is there any
way to suppress LDLM messages?

Thanks,