[Lustre-discuss] Debugging Lustre Client

Artem Blagodarenko ablagodarenko at xyratex.com
Fri Feb 17 01:13:57 PST 2012

Hi!

For getting filtered messages not only once you can do next steps:

1) sysctl -w lnet.printk=-1
2) #lctl debug_daemon start path_to_not_filtered_file
   This enables debug capturing to specified file.
3) make needed actions
4) lctl debug_daemon stop
5) Configure filter with "show" and "filter" lctl's commands (you can get subsystems with "lctl debug_list subs"
for example, next commands filter all messages except lent
#lctl filter all_subs
#lctl show lent
6) filter you debug messages
#lctl debug_file path_to_not_filtered_file path_to_filtered_file

You can reconfigure filters in the way you want and call again.
#lctl debug_file path_to_not_filtered_file path_to_filtered_file

I hope I understand your question right way.

Best regards,
Artem Blagodarenko.