[Lustre-discuss] Lustre missing physical volume

David Noriega tsk133 at my.utsa.edu
Sun Jul 1 16:21:18 PDT 2012

Just recently used heartbeat to failover resources so that I could
power down a lustre node to add more ram and failed back to do the
same to our second lustre node. Only then do I find that now our
lustre install is missing a physical volume out of lvm. pvscan only
shows three out of four partitions.

Any hints? I've tried some recovery steps in lvm with pvcreate using
the archived config for the missing pv but no luck, says no device
with such uuid. I'm lost on what to do now. This is lustre 1.8.4