[Lustre-discuss] e2fsck-wc4 speed

Samuel Aparicio saparicio at bccrc.ca
Thu Jul 5 11:20:49 PDT 2012

could be. i gather the e2fsck data structures are huge.

I wonder if using a scratch file would be any faster than having the system do the paging.

frustratingly, fewer than 5% of the inodes have been identified by fsck as suspect and I would be happy to delete them just to get the remaining files back online.

Professor Samuel Aparicio BM BCh PhD FRCPath
Nan and Lorraine Robertson Chair UBC/BC Cancer Agency
675 West 10th, Vancouver V5Z 1L3, Canada.
office: +1 604 675 8200 lab website http://molonc.bccrc.ca