[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.x support on vanilla kernels

Cory Spitz spitzcor at cray.com
Wed Jun 6 21:23:18 PDT 2012

FYI: Cray plans to deploy 2.2 at year's end and therefore we'll treat it
as our maintenance branch.  It is true that not much has landed to b2_2
since 2.2 was released, but Cray will be pushing patches to it including
some that have already landed to b2_1 for 2.1.x.  It is our hope that we
can catch it up and b2_2 will be a stable branch for others to use in
production as Cray will.  We have not yet begun the push process but
expect to begin shortly.  ORNL, I believe, has similar plans and James
Simmons has already starting posting patches to b2_2 for review.

Thanks,
-Cory