[Lustre-discuss] Lustre 2.2 production experience

Wojciech Turek wjt27 at cam.ac.uk
Sat Jun 9 13:33:45 PDT 2012

I am building a 1.5PB storage system which will employ Lustre as the
main file system. The storage system will be extended at the later
stage beyond 2PB.  I am considering using Lustre 2.2 for production
environment. This Lustre storage system will replace our older 300TB
system which is currently running Lustre 1.8.8. I am quite happy with
lustre 1.8.8 however for the new system Lustre 2.2 seem to be a better
match.  The storage system will be attached to a university wide
cluster (800 nodes), hence there will be quite a large range of
applications using the filesystem. Could people with production
deployments of Lustre 2.2 share their experience please?

--
Wojciech Turek