[Lustre-discuss] Could "Client & MGS" or "Client & OSS" running at one node together?

zhengfeng zf5984599 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 21:01:25 PST 2012

Dear all,

Since there is no more node in our project when using Lustre, I want to confirm that:

1) Could the "Client" and "MGS" run at one node together? or could "Client" and "OSS" run at one node together?

2) Suppose I had deployed them at one node, what potential shortcomings or harm are there?

I am newbie for Lustre file system, please forgive my simple questions. Feel free to share your opinions, many thanks.

B.R.
Zheng Feng