[Lustre-discuss] Latest RHEL/CentOS kernel that compiles against Lustre 1.8 git tree?

Joe Landman landman at scalableinformatics.com
Fri Mar 30 04:47:22 PDT 2012

On 03/30/2012 02:30 AM, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Does anyone know the most recent kernel (RHEL/CentOS) that can be
> successfully patched and compiled against the current Lustre 1.8 git
> source tree? I attempted 2.6.18-308.1.1 but there are several patches
> that fail. Quilt would not make it past the third patch in the series
> file. Applying the patches manually reveals several hunk failures. I
> require a kernel more recent than 2.6.18-274.3.1 for non-Lustre
> related issues.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Hi Jeff:

   Our 2.6.32.58.scalable kernel has been patched for 1.8.+ git.  We
could use some testers to help us out.   We've integrated the Lustre
patch process into our build environment, and fixed the few small issues
we've found.

   Happy to have more testers if you are interested.

   Regards,

Joe

> --
> ------------------------------
> Jeff Johnson
> Aeon Computing
>
> jeff dot johnson at aeoncomputing.com
> www.aeoncomputing.com
>
> 4905 Morena Boulevard, Suite 1313 - San Diego, CA 92117

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO
Scalable Informatics Inc.
email: landman at scalableinformatics.com