[Lustre-discuss] Latest RHEL/CentOS kernel that compiles against Lustre 1.8 git tree?

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Fri Mar 30 11:41:16 PDT 2012

Heh. Nice imagery Jeff. Yes, this patch is still under active
development and also note that it will not be able to complete autotest
until we switch it to use RHEL5.8 by default (hopefully soon, but this
had been on hold until we saw whether we needed RC3 for 2.2). So, if you
are willing to test the latest patch that would be appreciated and could
accelerate things (please post your findings on the JIRA ticket), but
regardless we should have this work completed in the near future.

On 12-03-30 11:31 AM, Jeff Johnson wrote:
> I applied that patch at 9AM this morning. Several hunks failed and
> then I noticed that the LU-1052 patch is literally morphing as the
> morning progresses.
>
> There is a difference between living on the bleeding edge and standing
> in a field watching the razor's edge coming at you... :)
>

> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:40 PM, Johann Lombardi<johann at whamcloud.com>  wrote:
>> On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 11:30:03PM -0700, Jeff Johnson wrote:
>>> Does anyone know the most recent kernel (RHEL/CentOS) that can be
>>> successfully patched and compiled against the current Lustre 1.8 git
>>> source tree? I attempted 2.6.18-308.1.1 but there are several patches
>>> that fail.
>> LU-1052 is the jira ticket for 2.6.18-308.1.1 support. There is a patch here which should help you to build against this kernel.
>>
>> Johann
>> --
>> Johann Lombardi
>> Whamcloud, Inc.
>> www.whamcloud.com
>
> --
> Jeff Johnson
> Aeon Computing
>
> jeff dot johnson at aeoncomputing.com
> www.aeoncomputing.com
>
> 4905 Morena Boulevard, Suite 1313 - San Diego, CA 92117

Peter Jones
Whamcloud, Inc.
www.whamcloud.com