[Lustre-discuss] Not sure how we should configure our RAID arrays (HW limitation)

Kevin Van Maren KVanMaren at fusionio.com
Mon May 7 07:48:00 PDT 2012

The 512K stripe size should be fine for Lustre, and 128KB per disk is enough to get good performance from the underlying hard drive.

I don't know anything about the E18s beyond what you've posted, so I can't guess which configuration is more optimal, so I would suggest you create the RAID arrays, format the LUNs for Lustre, and run the Lustre iokit and see how the various configurations perform (3 * 4+2, 2 * 8+1, 2 * 7+2).  Then please post results (with mkfs, etc command lines) here so others can benefit from your experiments and/or suggest additional tunings.

Kevin