[Lustre-discuss] [wc-discuss] Re: [lustre-devel] New Test Framework Development Group Call - Correction

Gearing, Chris chris.gearing at intel.com
Tue Nov 27 02:22:10 PST 2012

Bruce is right just give the canonical form which is 16:00 UTC.

Also CST is China Standard Time not to be confused with the other CST
being Central Standard Time
(Is that really true, I can't find any other designator for the China
timezone)

Thanks for the patience.

Chris

On 26/11/2012 20:53, "Bruce Korb" <bruce_korb at xyratex.com> wrote:

>On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 11:56 AM, Cory Spitz <spitzcor at cray.com> wrote:
>> Hi, Chris.
>>
>> I'm still confused about the time.
>>
>> Every Tuesday starting on the 27th November
>> << 01:00 CST, 08:00 PST, 17:00 GMT, 21:00 MSK
>>
>> Both of those listings are inaccurate.  Neither 01:00 or 00:00 CST ==
>>08:00
>> PST.
>>
>> Since 8 PST == 16 GMT == 20 MSK, I'm guessing that you mean:
>> 10:00 CST, 08:00 PST, 16:00 GMT, 20:00 MSK
>>
>> Is that right?
>
>For myself, I'd as soon see strictly UTC for international times (aka
>"GMT" or "Zulu").
>I know my offset and, obviously, it is often confusing to get the time
>zone correct
>for other people in other time zones.  I had also presumed 16:00 Zulu
>was correct. :)
>
>Cheers - Bruce

Intel Corporation (UK) Limited
Registered No. 1134945 (England)