[Lustre-discuss] What is the state of sub-tree locking?

李希 pkuelelixi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 22:34:51 PDT 2012

Hi,

We are trying to figure out whether it is possible to build a client-side
cache system over Lustre in order to speed up the perforamance of our
applications. In this system, we need to protect cached files and
directories from being changed by other clients. The per-file group lock
may not be enough since we need to protect the whole namespace including
metadatas. I think sub-tree locking may help a lot, though it is not
designed for this purpose. Any way, may I ask what time can we expect
sub-tree lock to be released? Is there any prototypical source codes?

Thanks a lot.

Li Xi