[Lustre-discuss] OST corruption?

Verduzco, Benjamin P. BENJAMIN.P.VERDUZCO at saic.com
Wed Apr 3 10:52:03 PDT 2013

 I'm having trouble with a filesystem after a planned outage.  I'm new
to Lustre, but I'll do my best to explain what I'm seeing.

*         I have a 1.6.7.2 MDS and 4 1.8.5 OSS's.  When I brought the
system up, it reported the used space incorrectly (df -h shows 166T
total, 150T used and 7.1 T free)

*         I unmounted and ran e2fsck on all of the OST's and the MDS
without error, but when I remounted everything the error persisted.

*         When I ran lfsck in read-only mode, it basically showed all of
the files on the two OST's of a single OSS as "not created".

Is there a way to save this data?

Thanks,

Ben Verduzco | SAIC
Systems Administrator | Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group (SRG)
phone: 858-826-3884 | pager: 877-619-3140
benjamin.p.verduzco at saic.com | saic.com <http://www.saic.com/>