[Lustre-discuss] OST corruption?

Mohr Jr, Richard Frank (Rick Mohr) rmohr at utk.edu
Wed Apr 17 17:07:22 PDT 2013

On Apr 3, 2013, at 1:52 PM, "Verduzco, Benjamin P." <BENJAMIN.P.VERDUZCO at saic.com> wrote:

> ·         When I brought the system up, it reported the used space incorrectly (df –h shows 166T total, 150T used and 7.1 T free)

When you say that the used space is being reported incorrectly, do you mean that the sum of the used and free space does not match the total space?  Or do you have a reason to believe that 150 TB is not actually used?  If it is the former, then that could be explained by the fact that ext file systems by default reserve 5% of the disk space for the root user.

--
Rick Mohr
Senior HPC System Administrator