[Lustre-discuss] Understanging LNET routing

Lee, Brett brett.lee at intel.com
Mon Aug 19 23:46:54 PDT 2013

Please check that the Lustre client can ping the MGS, over LNet.

[root at compute1 ~]# ping lustre-18-mgs
PING lustre-18-mgs.nitrox.net (192.168.10.120) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from lustre-18-mgs.nitrox.net (192.168.10.120): icmp_seq=1 ttl=64 time=0.377 ms

--- lustre-18-mgs.nitrox.net ping statistics ---
1 packets transmitted, 1 received, 0% packet loss, time 0ms

[root at compute1 ~]# lctl ping 192.168.10.120 at tcp1
12345-0 at lo
12345-192.168.10.120 at tcp1
[root at compute1 ~]#

Once you can ping, you should be able to mount.  If mounting fails, please send the mount command error message and the pertinent log entries (client and MGS).

--
Brett Lee
Sr. Systems Engineer