[Lustre-discuss] How to apply a lustre patch

Ms. Megan Larko dobsonunit at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 07:56:13 PST 2013

Greetings List!

I have recently experienced an issue on a lustre-2.1.2 system (kernel
2.6.32-220.17.1.el6_lustre.x86_64) in which the error on the MGS/MDS
server matches LU-1596.  On the web page there is a link (reprinted
below) to a page from Oleg Drokin containing the patches to fix the
issue.   I see all of the modified files listed.   Do I need to use
patch or quilt to apply these patches?  I don't know how to go about
applying these.  Is there a web page explaining HOWTO do this
correctly?

The page with the patch listings:
http://review.whamcloud.com/#change,3623

Thank you for the help.