[Lustre-discuss] How to apply a lustre patch

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Wed Jan 9 10:41:10 PST 2013

What is your comfort level with git and C programming?  Because this is
a source code patch that you are talking about.  Honestly, you are
almost certainly better off just upgrading to lustre 2.1.3, or better
yet lustre 2.1.4.

If you know git, and are comfortable resolving patch conflicts should
they occur, the high level procedure is:

- Checkout your version of the lustre code using git
- On the gerrit review page (http://review.whamcloud.com/#change,3623)
in the download section click "cherry-pick".  Cut-and-paste the long git
command into the terminal where you have lustre checked out (there is a
"copy to clipboard" link to make that easier).

The patch is now applied.  Except that if it didn't apply cleanly you'll
need to resolve the conflicts.

Finally, you can go through the normal steps to configure, compile, and
build packages of lustre.

Chris