[Lustre-discuss] Using NFS to mount lustre

Teik Hooi Beh thbeh at thbeh.com
Thu Jun 20 23:27:37 PDT 2013

Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the well define explanation.

I see that you have a successful testing with Lustre cluster in ESXi. In my
case I was more of hoping to use Lustre as an alternate storage for ESXi
instead of expensive SAN. While I am aware and have a couple of successful
deployment of ESX with external NFS storage (VMWare allows to mount NFS
store from within vCenter), but I am not able to mount Lustre storage.

I see this as an excuse to buy expensive SAN to increase storage capacity.

Regards
Beh