[Lustre-discuss] Query on improving throughput

Pawel Dziekonski dzieko at gmail.com
Mon May 27 04:19:49 PDT 2013

What is the raw performance of your pure storage system?

Next step - run obdfilter-survey on your installation - this will be
your storage performance baseline under lustre.

Next step - run IOR on lustre clients again.

Compare those 3 numbers. You will not achieve more from lustre clients
then from storage performance if lustre servers are fast enough.