[Lustre-discuss] index alread in use

Andrus, Brian Contractor bdandrus at nps.edu
Mon Jun 2 10:08:32 PDT 2014

All,

I am trying to setup another lustre filesystem.

I have one named WORK and the new one is named SCRATCH

Separate MGS from the 2 MDTs

I have the MGS and WORK MDT mounted.

When I tried mounting the new SCRATCH MDT, I get:

                LustreError: 140-5: Server SCRATCH-MDT0000 requested index 0, but that index is already in use. Use --writeconf to force

This seems new/different to me (I had this setup running for some time, but have recently reformatted the SCRATCH filesystem).

I am aware of indicating indices for OSTs when formatting them, but not MDTs.

Is this an index relative to MDTs mounted on the same server? What is an appropriate number to use and what is it relative to?

Thanks in advance,

Brian Andrus
ITACS/Research Computing
Naval Postgraduate School