[Lustre-discuss] lustre 2.5.58 MDT 100% full

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Tue Jun 10 19:21:01 PDT 2014

The underlying MDT filesystem is actually ZFS and not ldiskfs, but it should be equally possible to expand the MDT storage capacity by adding another mirrored VDEV to the MDT pool.

It is also important to ask if there are any snapshots of the pool?  That would also hold space in the pool even if the files are deleted.

That said, there wasn't enough information to determine if there is actually a problem with the filesystem or if it is just full. Just because the MDT did not fill up previously, is no indication that the MDT will not fill up if the average file size is smaller this time around.

What does "lfs df -i" and "lfs df" report for filesystem?  That would allow figuring out how much space is used on the MDT and how many files in the filesystem, and the average space used per file on the MDT. It should be in the 2-3KB or less range.

Cheers, Andreas

Did anyone answer this?