[Lustre-discuss] Unattached Orphan Inodes

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Wed Jun 25 21:20:57 PDT 2014

What version of Lustre are you using, and do you ever use "lfs migrate" or "lfs_migrate" to migrate files onto new OSTs? There was a bug that would cause orphan inodes on the MDS after migration.

This does result in some space leakage, but unless you have a large problem there is no requirement to run lfsck, which can take a long time.

The new LFSCK that is in the 2.6 release will be able to find and repair these objects while the filesystem is mounted.

Cheers, Andreas