[Lustre-discuss] [HPDD-discuss] Recovering a failed OST

Bob Ball ball at umich.edu
Mon May 19 11:05:42 PDT 2014

Google first, ask later.  I found this in the manuals:

      26.3.4 Fixing a Bad LAST_ID on an OST

The procedures there spell out pretty well what I must do, so this
should be relatively straight forward.  But, does this comment refer to
just this OST, or to all OST?
*Note - *The file system must be stopped on all servers before
performing this procedure.

So, is this the best approach to follow, allowing for the fact that
there is nothing at all left on the OST, or is there a better short cut
to choosing an appropriate LAST_ID?

Thanks again,
bob