[Lustre-discuss] [HPDD-discuss] targets start order in Lustre 2.4.3

Read, Robert robert.read at intel.com
Fri May 23 10:15:18 PDT 2014

The strict ordering of MGT, MDT, OST is only a hard requirement for the very first start of the file system, because the targets need to compete the initial registration with the MGT before they can be used.  Subsequent cold restarts of the filesystem don’t necessarily need to start any particular order, but it’s still not a bad idea to start MGT first since all the servers will attempt to connect to it when they start, though they should start without it eventually.

robert