[Lustre-discuss] lfs find

한종우 jw.han at apexcns.com
Thu Nov 6 22:13:42 PST 2014

"ost_name" is equivalent to the names displayed from "lctl dl" command.

I recommend to set a pool which contains all OSTs except one you are going
to remove, then set the pool parameter to all the directories, then migrate
files. That's less confusing than activating/deactivating OSTs.

> Hi!
>
> Short question (using lustre 2.5.3). Have added a new OST and about to
> remove a faulty one. After deactivating it I would like to migrate the data
> from the faulty one, in chapter 14  the command:
>
> lfs find --obd  ost_name /mount/point | lfs_migrate -y
>
> is given, and in chapter 19:
>
> lfs find --ost {OST_UUID} lfs_migrate -y
>
> Are these two command equivalent?
>
> And just to be certain, once the migration is finish should the command:
>
> lctl conf_param ost_name.osc.active=0
>
> be run on all clients as well as on the MDS? And how to I find the name
> "ost_name.osc" in the command above (llobdstat states it can be found under
> /proc/fs/lustre/obdfilter - but no such file on my system)?
>
> Regards, and thanks!
>
> /jon

Jongwoo Han
Principal consultant