[Lustre-discuss] lfs find

Jon Tegner tegner at foi.se
Thu Nov 6 05:51:09 PST 2014

Hi!

Short question (using lustre 2.5.3). Have added a new OST and about to
remove a faulty one. After deactivating it I would like to migrate the
data from the faulty one, in chapter 14  the command:

lfs find --obd  ost_name /mount/point | lfs_migrate -y

is given, and in chapter 19:

lfs find --ost {OST_UUID} lfs_migrate -y

Are these two command equivalent?

And just to be certain, once the migration is finish should the command:

lctl conf_param ost_name.osc.active=0

be run on all clients as well as on the MDS? And how to I find the name
"ost_name.osc" in the command above (llobdstat states it can be found
under /proc/fs/lustre/obdfilter - but no such file on my system)?

Regards, and thanks!

/jon