[Lustre-discuss] RPC packing

Drokin, Oleg oleg.drokin at intel.com
Tue Oct 7 17:37:49 PDT 2014

btw, it should be noted that by the same file we really mean "same object".
IF you have a file that's striped two-way with stripe size of 1M,
then two 4k writes, one at offset 0 and another at offset 1M would not
be merged into single rpc because they would be sent to different servers,
but two writes at offsets 0 and 512K would be merged into same RPC.